Thursday, January 6, 2011

WORDS

They say no sword can match the might of a pen
And all men at once think of a revolution
But let's take pause on these thoughts
And, at all the wars fought
For its not battle I seek
Nor fortune, nor fame
No its more than that, it's the heart of a dame
With my pen I weave a net of dreams and hopes
With my pen I will forge a weapon to slay the ghosts
With my pen I will light a torch to guide her home
To my arms, to my heart
A sword will not lift her tear streaked face toward thelight
A sword will not cause her soul mirth that upon joys tidesit takes flight
A sword will not slay that which the heart fears
Only flesh and bone, those ordinary scars.
With my pen I shall curve a mirror of words
So she may see her soul, her spirit, her all.
The reason that makes this pen worth holding
The reason that makes these words worth wielding.


By George Mimano :)


No comments:

Post a Comment